WCD Govt. of Sikkim – Women and Child Development Division – Government of Gangtok | Updates | About | Official Website | State Commission | State Mission Authority of SRCW | Contact
WCD Govt. of Sikkim: The Women and Child Development Division adopts the strategy of empowering women through education and awareness generation with greater emphasis on welfare programs, vocational training and employment so as to enable them for all round development in the society. The Women and Child Development Division proactively works towards providing equality to women and children and also protects the rights of the women and children in the State.
The main functions of WCDD are:
1. Improve the nutritional and health status of children below the age of six years.
2. Reduce the incidence of low birth weight and severe malnutrition among children.
3. Reduce the school drop-out rate through early childhood stimulation programme for children 3-6 years.
4. Enhance the capability of the mother to look after the normal health and nutritional needs of the child, through proper health and nutrition education.
5. Train and equip the adolescent girls to improve/upgrade home-based and vocational skills.
1. All round empowerment of women.
2. Establishment of self-reliant women’s Self Help Groups.
3. Strengthening and institutionalizing the savings habit in rural women and their control over economic resources.
4. Encourage widow remarriage in the state with the objective to raise their social status and ensure social security.
5. Provide secure and economical accommodation to working women in the urban areas like Gangtok and Namchi.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development launched the “Mahila E-haat” a unique direct online marketing platform to meet the aspirations and needs of women entrepreneurs/SHGs/NGOs on 7th March 2016. The USP of this online marketing platform is facilitating direct contact between vendor and buyer.
The Platform is easy to access as the entire business of E-haat can be handled through mobile devices. The vendors can be approached by the buyer physically, telephonically or by email, etc. The scheme aims at empowering and ensuring financial inclusion of Women in the economy by providing continued sustenance and support to their creativity through the marketing platform.
On this portal, bulk, repeat and customized orders can also be undertaken. The online marketing platform displays the products/ services of the vendors with their contact number, address and also the basic cost. The URL of the portal is http://mahilaehaat-rmk.gov.in. The Ministry is looking at helping the women entrepreneurs/SHGs/NGOs where women should be majorly involved in the value chain. The portal is impacting over 26000 SHGs/NGOs/women entrepreneurs with nearly 4 lakh beneficiaries directly and indirectly through 300 contact points.
Capacity building, skilling, financial & internet training as also awareness and sensitization workshops are being conducted across the country. Mentoring, hand holding, sourcing etc. by established women entrepreneurs and corporate is also on the anvil. SBI and India Post are sharing information on how payments and logistics can be facilitated to the vendors/buyers of the Mahila E-haat.
- Boards & Commissions
- Integrated Child Development Services [ICDS]
- Social Welfare Division
- Welfare Division
- Women and Child Development Division
|Mr. Prem Ashish Pradhan|
Department of Information Technology
Government of Sikkim
Annexe 1, Top Floor, Kazi Road
Gangtok , Sikkim-737101
|Contact No.||03592 – 207426|
|Fax No.||03592 – 207426|
social welfare department sikkim scholarship, www.sikkim.gov.in scholarship 2020-21, www.sikkim.gov.in login, social welfare department sikkim scholarship 2020-21, hrdd sikkim scholarship 2021, sikkim welfare scholarship 2020, sikkim social welfare scholarship 2020, sikkim welfare scholarship 2020, icds sikkim, Women commission gangtok, who is the welfare minister of sikkim, old age pension in sikkim, child adoption in sikkim, sikkim hrdd scholarship form download